Tuesday, November 20, 2007

concert report



If that doesn't say California Concert, I don't know what does.

I was thrilled with the concert last night, I felt that each performer and composer was able to articulate an aspect of who they are through the pieces and the pieces sounded good. I was also happy to observe that the way in which I put the concert together was successful. I have noticed over the years that concerts are a great opportunity to put together a composition on a larger scale, the concert organizer has to think about contrast and congruence (along with mundane and practical details) in arranging the concert order and I was pleasantly surprised with my choices.
The set up.

The set up crew. Yes Tim did wear that hat! He won extra points for it. Although he did need to remove it for sound check.

Katie with her vocal ensemble. I did not get a picture of the food and beverage table that she and her mother put together, but I assure you it was fabulously over the top.

Luke preparing the computer to run his player piano piece. He won the greatest bow award.

Justin put on a a great performance of his piano piece and was the representative of the undergrad community, an honor that he performed with distinction.

Brian's piece for the inside of the piano created quite a controversy and was forbidden on this past Friday by the piano technician. Brain was able to overcome this adversity and put on a great performance along with Jordan


Performing the work of James, I really like this picture of Shannon.

The performance of my composition titled "Webern and Feldman had a strange love child who wrote this piece."

An interesting Feldman Link

Happy Thanksgiving.


2 Comments:

Blogger Calisa Hildebrand said...

Awesome, Christopher! This was tons of fun, thank you for inviting me to play! I'm glad you thought it went well :)

11/20/2007 01:52:00 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

I am satisfied with the photographic evidence. However, I am not convinced that any sound was produced. I have seen tricky performers before. I need proof, especially of your piece. Thanks for your message this morning, although I suggest you vocalize before you leave a message on my phone.
Yours,
Nathan

11/20/2007 02:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home