Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Single Mothers

A shot from our trip to Round Island. A fabulous Clevis composting toilet I am working on a piece that is, for lack of a better term, a one man opera. This is in conjunction with my good friend Nathan Krueger. We are investigating the etiquette of communication in the modern age and considering a case study. That all leads to me having some material of Nathan singing on hand. One of those melodic fragments got stuck in my head, along with the piano part I imagined, so I wrote it out.
The text is "Single mothers, injured veterans, the aging unemployable Americans. Is there and app. for them?"
Single Mother

I also created a stretched out version of part of this fragment.
Single Mother Stretch
I think I am going to change the text if I keep this song around. "Single fathers, Ignored veterans, the aging unremarkable Americans. Is there and app. for that?"

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice work. I especally like the piano part in the first one. I like how the piano tones sound buzzy at first in the stretched out version.

7/15/2014 02:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home