Monday, April 30, 2007

Sonification

I am working on a new technique where-by I utilize Plaster of Paris to document sound. This is done by placing a piece of plastic on top of a speaker and then running 75HZ, 150HZ and 300HZ through the speaker to create motion, leading to a solid form that is the result of the sound history. There is a great deal of tinkering and development to reach the final stage, but this is a silent video of the first experiment.


Also, I received the MIXI M100 that I ordered for my birthday today, it is a gift from my parents, I just tracked it down. It is a 17 fader midi controller that was made in 1988! It is fabulous and I am quite thrilled. What an exciting day.


2 Comments:

Blogger rarrin' said...

It looks as if you are harboring alien life forms in your goleta apartment, I'm scared.

5/01/2007 06:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! talk about mixed media! 8th grade is in the SOUND Unit of science as we speak!!

5/01/2007 03:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home