Tuesday, July 07, 2009

The Universal Language Project



Brian Chin and I have known each other since New Years Eve of 1999. Brian is a great trumpet player who moved out to Seattle when he completed his Undergrad to take on the principle trumpet of Tacoma Symphony role. He now teaches at Seattle Pacific University.

Three years ago I wrote a piece for his DMA recital (University of Washington). Now Brian is putting together a recording project and has asked me to rework the piece for that. The project is called The Universal Language Project. What I love about this is that he is challenging me to think about the convergence of pop and art music, something that I have not thought about in years as I have been busy making.

I am looking forward to telling you all about it when it is done. For now, you can know that it is happening and check the site for updates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home