Monday, August 10, 2009

Nebraska Day 1




Today was the drive from Wisconsin to Nebraska. I took the long way through WI and it was worth every second. While I did not stop and take many pictures, it was really breathtaking and on top of the views, each curve brought me around to a familiar, yet old memory. There are many people and places that I have not seen in years, it felt good to roll through the hills and remember, oh and to eat some cheese curds!

Now I embark on two weeks as a resident at Kimmel Harding Nelson Center for the Arts. There are two women who are here, sharing the place upstairs while I have the lower apartment. They are both writing and I will be composing. I spent a good deal of time reflecting on what the purpose of this time is and what an amazing gift. I remember imaging what this would be like years ago and now I find myself here and while I know what I will do there is still a great deal of confusion.

Among the goals for me will be focusing on what my creativity is and how I might learn more about myself and my work. I have plenty of projects and directions, so it will be interesting to chronicle my time and hopefully document the changes. Currently, I am deeply struck by my sense of how I should proceed in terms of the specifics of projects, but the necessity, the why of it, that feels ambiguous. I suspect that I am thinking a bit to much. Although, that is also part of what I feel, so it is right in some fashion. Maybe the key is ordering of mental/metaphysical impulses and intentions. One thing that is certain, is that the awe that was inspired by the cloud as I was approaching the Mississippi river this AM is something that I have not felt in some time and it means a lot. Here is a picture that I shot through the windshield.


It was also nice to be reminded of how simple absurdities are a pleasant thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home