Saturday, April 23, 2011

Wave facts and some sound



The above image is from a drive from SB to p alt where I stopped at Denner to pick up a few bottles of wine and well, I had to sample and stare at the hills.

For waves which do not require a medium, such as light or gravity in general relativity

from wikipedia on doppler

and

The upper frequency limit in humans (approximately 20 kHz) is due to limitations of the middle ear, which acts as a low-pass filter. Ultrasonic hearing can occur if ultrasound is fed directly into the skull bone and reaches the cochlea through bone conduction without passing through the middle ear.

from wikipedia on ultrasound

some step sequenced filtered granulation on 2 cello samples
I am in the process of imagining how to make this a realtime application for a string piece. Even this long example of subtle variations on a 2 looped cello sounds, not more than 3 seconds each, is rather interesting. I am working out how I want to use this on a live signal and what to play with it. I sort of like some of the sounds and simply want to transcribe them, which may be the piece. I spent 3 hours listening to stuff like this yesterday, and really enjoyed it.

some more step sequenced filtered granulation on 2 cello samples


This is the room (studio E at CCRMA) where I spent Thursday making a piece in memory of Max Mathews who passed away at 84. It is an 8 channel piece that uses the smae technique heard in the above material, but on Max's stuff. (Daisy, Phasering Tensor Love, an interview and Max playing Chopin with the Radio Batton).



At the concert that I performed at CCRMA on Thursday evening (where I presented ToLEtFony) they played Numerology. I had not heard this piece before. I love it!!


This is an interesting collection of ">EA history videos.

3d sound via a cross talk filter.


an elegant machine

Drawingmachine by Eske Rex from Core77 on Vimeo.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home