Friday, May 16, 2014

Monk Radio

I am working on a live set for jazz, using a circuit bent radio with software processing, for a performance at the Spenard Jazz Festival. I am starting to get the technical stuff worked out. I opened up an old radio and short circuit it with my hands. The signal from this is sent out a headphone speaker and picked up by a microphone. I use a midi file to set the pitch of a bank of filters. This performance is pretty static on the software side as most of the performative activity it focused on learning what I can do with the radio.

This is the set up.
 

This is an earlier version where I hadn't cut the speaker free yet. It is a bit loud sometimes, hence the smaller headphone speaker. This is a nice shot of what the radio looks like and the spool of wire is my stand in antenna.

 


  Round Midnight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home