Friday, January 26, 2007

Noise Study



One of the tasks that I have undertaken this quarter is the consideration of what is interesting, or maybe more accurately, what makes something interesting. I spend a lot of time thinking about this, as any artist probably should at some point in their existence. I created a little noise study. This by no means is a complete answer, but I do find the sounds interesting, even if my technique of implementation seems a bit clumsy at times. As for my theory as to why this interesting... this study attempts to occupy the middle ground between chaos and absolute order. I think what is lacking is degrees of refinement.

noise study

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

um, noise... such a tough subject, one person's noise is another's music. perhaps you should study physco-analysis. I think it would be the same thing. Sorry I didn't return you call, hope you enjoyed the concert. (how's that for mixing a personal message in with a comment in the comment section?)

1/27/2007 10:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home