Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Hildegard vonPhilidelphia

Blurry, but I love the color and this is what I was staring at during a concert played by David Holzman.



Ok, Hildegard von Bingen in Phili is not really a compelling pun, but I was in Philadelphia for the International Hildegard von Bingen Societies 25th Anniversary Conference where I presented a paper. The first paper that I have presented at a conference at that! The paper was titled Art is in the Ear of the Beholder and I will post the current version below. There are revisions that I would like to make, especially on how I deal with the Critical Band, which is not false, but doesn't account for the entire truth. The paper was well received and it was great to debate it with my former teacher and mentor, Bob Cogan. My presentation of the paper also went well, it felt good to me and I confirmed with others that indeed I did a good job. It was great to connect with old (and new) friends from NEC. There was a wonderful evening spent at a tavern after the conference. While there I got to catch up with the composer Sivan Elder, who will start her studies in California next year, it appears that I am not the only one leaving NEC/BOS for the west coast. I saw the Bell and some of the sites, I really enjoyed the city (contrary to all that I have heard about it.)
!!!POZZI!!!

Bob Cogan, Michael Gardner (composer, theorist) & some woman who is very spirited

Also, while I was there I found out that I will be attending the Orford Academy Summer Workshop on Sound Art. I am really excited as this will afford me a chance to see Montreal, which I have heard really good things about and I will get to work with Natasha Barrett.

Finally, I got it in the mail today! My official Red Sox Nation Membership Card. Now I am a card carrying member. It also came with a sticker and I can listen to any MLB game, so that is nice too.

As if all of that wasn't enough, Christine graduates this weekend and then we are going on a celebratory trip to Europe. I can't believe that she will be board certified in a week. All I can say is that she is an amazing woman.


Art is In the EAR of the Beholder






1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca M said...

I'm quite relieved to know that if I click on each page, I can actually READ it. :-) I will try to do that within the next week. Congrats on a successful conference!

6/07/2008 05:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home